Last modified: 2023-10-06
1. Gathering Data
- When Authenicating. We utilize OpenID technology and the Steam Web API courtesy of Valve Software for authentication and storing user data.
The storage of said user data supplied from the Steam Web API is required for the Service to supply accurate and working information and to ensure a smooth and functional expierence.
Upon authenticating succesfully with the Steam Web API via OpenID, you are sharing public data from your Steam account with us that any other Service or
Website with access to the Steam Web API would also be able to access.
- When Playing on our Servers. We log the chat inside of our servers to verify potential abuse reports. Administrators and Server Moderators
can look into this log inside of our custom server panel. Due to this feature on our server panel to improve the efficiency of our Server Moderators we cannot
guarantee that sensitive information inside the chat log is kept private, as it is captured as part of our moderation practices.
- When manually searched for. Administrators and Server Moderators can choose to search you by your unique Account ID (Referred to as "steamID64"
in the Steam Web API) without the requirement of being registered inside of our database. When searched, information which is normally public will be shown to
us and a cache file is created on our web server containing shortcuts to said information. You will not be inserted into our database in any way.
We (redsun.tf, the Site) do not use any scripts or 'click pixels' to track your usage and browsing habits on our website.
2. Storage of Data
- Public data from the Steam Web API. When logging in we are shown public data from your Steam Account. We store this data to optimise the performance of our website and other services. Any data obtained via the Steam Web API is public, and can be obtained by anyone. We collect the following information:
- User Alias (Referred to as "Personaname" in the Steam Web API)
- Account Avatar/Profile Picture
- Account ID (Referred to as "steamID64" in the Steam Web API)
- IP Address. When logging in a new session is created and stored, this storage also includes your IP Address. We do not do anything
significant with your IP Address and are working on a system that allows you to look in sessions you have on this website. With this said, feel free to browse
with a VPN.
3. Usage of Stored Data
- We may use provided data in the following ways:
- To provide account-specific services on our website and forum, including but not limited to: profile and forum functionality, privacy settings and exclusive functionality
- To enforce access controls to restricted areas of our website and services.
- To allow site functionality, such as enforcing account bans or other restrictions whether they are technical, legal or otherwise.
This list will be updated as and when we have a required use for data we hold in regards to user accounts. Should you wish to inquire about how we use data available to us, please email [email protected]
4. Retrieval and Deletion of Data
- You can make use of the provided GDPR self-service tool to delete your account if you wish to do so. To request a copy of your data, please email [email protected]. You
may be asked to provide proof of ownership of the account in question.
For accounts on your forum, due to third party integration tools we require that deletion requests are sent via email to [email protected] from the email address associated with your forum account for swift deletion. Failing to do this will delay removal of your account as we will need to verify ownership of the account through other methods.
- We reserve the right to refuse deletion requests as per our Terms of Service if we believe the account deletion process is being misused for malicious intent
as defined in Section 1 of our Terms of Service. Subsequently, we hold the right to refuse deletion requests for data which is necessary for site
for example disciplinary data or moderator notes relating to your account.
- Abuse of data retrieval and/or deletion functionality will lead to us disabling functionality and/or refusing subsequent requests in regards to the requested account.